Monday, October 18, 2010

Former Supreme Court

Went to the City Hall and former Supreme Court Open House last weekend. It was indeed an eye-opener, nobody would want to step into either of the buildings for no good reason. Haha. Actually, I have been there twice, 10 years ago, to listen to a court trial on a murder case. To clarify, I have nothing to do with that case. It was just out of pure curiosity. :D

I always think that the colonial architecture is one defining characteristic of the buildings, clearly reminding us of our history, their presence and significance further creating an iconic landscape in Singapore. It is a pity that the buildings have to give way to the new National Art Gallery, but I hope that they will keep to the existing interiors and retain many of the furniture.

The guided tour was very educational, the guide was humorous too. It has been a long time since I followed a Mandarin guided tour, I'm glad my language competency is still of standard. :)

Photography would have been more enjoyable, if not for the crowd. But I guess, I did come up with a photo I'm statisfied with. :)


The door outside the holding cells beneath the Supreme Court.

No comments: