Friday, October 15, 2010

A very early morning

I was stirred awake early this morning, 15 minutes before 6. The house was quiet, and I couldn't get back to bed. I know there were things that were keeping me up, but my mind was blank. I was just staring at the ceiling the whole while. I was waiting for the alarm clock to go off, and I was frustrated because I could have slept for 2 more hours.

I was thinking to myself, should I just get ready for work, but probably that would be kinda freaky, turning up in office before the sun comes up. There are tons of work to clear for sure, but still, work doesn't dominate my life, or so I don't let it to be.

It has been a long while since the last time I got to read the newspaper the first thing I woke up. I miss the days when I have the luxury of lazing around in the morning.

Perhaps this was what I would have wanted, to sit down somewhere and do nothing. But I wish it wasn't in this manner. Insomnia would just make the rest of my day restless.

The months ahead don't look good. I wish.. for a holiday again.

No comments: