Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday blues

I think it's the time of the month, with all the surges in hormones that are making me feeling like a piece of rubbish. Retribution, perhaps. I always utter 'rubbish' when scolding my kids when they give me nonsense, and now I feel like one. argh.

With a number of 'eventful' things happening, I have chosen to keep things to myself, to speak less. People thought that I was angry, I was frustrated. No I wasn't, I just didn't want to talk about it. I have always gotten into trouble from the things I blurted out from my mouth. Many times I regretted that, and there are no turning-backs.

So I've learnt. I chose to keep quiet, and be alone.

I am thankful to friends who are just there, who don't ask much. I don't even want to hear things like 'are you ok?', 'cheer up', 'don't worry'. No, I don't need these words of encouragement. I just need pleasant conversations and laughter with good company.

If not, there's always good coffee, good chocolates and coke.

No comments: