Saturday, April 04, 2009

Another letter to Ah Gong

Dear Ah Gong,

How have you been? All of us went to visit you today, did you see us? We brought you some of your favourite food, and your teh. I hope you have had a good time savouring them.

It has been almost 7 months, but you know you are always in my thoughts, and I know you are also looking over me from up above.

It has been quite some time since the last family gathering during the Chinese New Year. For the first time I wasn't around with the family during the New Year, but I know you were supportive of my decision. I haven't been seeing the rest of them since then, but for a moment, we all seemed to be looking much older (wiser I hope).

I miss Ah Ma's cooking as well. I haven't been eating dinner at home lately, and I would only get to see her and Po-po occasionally, at the void deck on my way to work. Sometimes I wished that time could be turned back to years ago.

You must be having a good time, enjoying the afternoon right now. Checking out your new fridge and new car perhaps? I will find Marlboro for you, and give it to you on my next visit. :)

I miss you.

No comments: