Thursday, January 29, 2009

Back from paradise

It was with great reluctance leaving my paradise, my hometown.

It was just like a very short dream. Dreams are beautiful, dreams will bring you smiles. That is what my paradise is, what my paradise can do.

I do not remember feeling any bit of sadness during the 5 days there, except for a brief moment when I just thought of Ah Gong when I was at the wake of a friend's father. In fact I was happy, to see many familiar faces, and it was pleasant distributing stationery to more than a thousand of students.

I even got to enjoy moments of peace. Every morning I would sit with Papa Momoy in the front of the house, sometimes we don't talk, but I could find a sense of assurance. Even travelling on bumpy roads give me a different kind of peace. Many of such journeys actually set me thinking on a lot of things, particularly my grand dream.

But the moment I returned to work, problems start to resurface again. At some points of time I felt I couldn't handle it anymore, I wanted to just break down and cry.

Now my paradise seems so far away again.

No comments: