Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday blues

too many things happening.

------------------------------

po-po passed away 2 weeks ago.

when I was very young, my parents had to work, so I spent most of my day-times at my auntie's house. po-po would dote on me, just like any of her own grandchildren. she liked to sit on the bamboo chair in the living room, fanning herself with the small weaved fan, while the naughty me would sit there watching tv, creating havoc once in a while.

I gave her an ang-bao this Chinese New Year. because I've started working, and it was about time I should show more of my filial respect to her. it was my first and last time doing so.

I never got to go to her wake. I hope she would rest well.

------------------------------

Mrs Janet Torres passed away yesterday morning.

she was a fighter, a strong woman who had contributed a lot to the society, to the city. she was ill when I was back in Bago City last May, and I didn't get to meet her. she had been through a lot, but now she can finally rest.

------------------------------

I had a gathering with some of my friends from my primary school yesterday. it has been 11 long years. faces have changed, but some are still as crappy as ever.

and again I experienced some identity crisis. while people are becoming lawyers, doctors, accountants and some other high-flying occupations, I got lost again.

as long as I'm contented with what I have, everything else doesn't really matter, right?

------------------------------

it's time I give myself some space.

No comments: