Thursday, April 08, 2010

My summer paradise - Manila

Part 1 of my summer paradise - Manila.



I love Manila. I love Manila for its vibrancy, shopping malls and entertainment industry. It's rather cosmopolitan, considering that the Filipino diaspora is huge and it brings back foreign cultures (and people).

This trip has given me the opportunity to come up-close with some of the Filipino artistes whom I like, all thanks to my friends. :) Watching a live Filipino concert was simply awesome, not to mention that I've got backstage access and also photos taken with the artistes! Woohoo~!



Juris, the girl with a very nice and sweet voice. Love her voice. If only she sang Love Moves In Mysterious Ways.



Nyoy, I could only remember one song of his, You're My You. But I was surprised that he's so good with his guitar, and he was so springy on his feet. Haha.



Sitti, the Bossa Nova Queen of the Philippines. Very soothing voice, although I'm not into Bossa Nova.



And of course, my favourite, Aiza. Watched her performance in Singapore last year, and her performances never fails to captivate me. You know that the audiences love her, when you hear a chorus from the audience seats singing her songs. Haha.



Everything was wonderful, except for the fact that the concert started almost 1 hour late, and ending at 12 midnight.

Besides watching the concert, I managed to catch a Filipino movie as well, Babe I Love You. Theme song sung by Papa Piolo! :D

Didn't spend a lot of time in Manila, so less shopping, less sight-seeing. But I still love Manila. Love my Manila friends too. Too much laughter from them. Haha.



Next up, adventure in Coron!

No comments: