Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Leave no rooms for regrets

When I was in Bago City last January, I attended an evening mass with the Matti family at a church in Calumangan, down the highway to Bacolod. When Tricia drives, it will never go beyond the speed of 40 km/hr (oops, sorry Tricia! :P). It is a 10-minute drive away from the city (based on Tricia's driving speed, haha), on a road so familiar.

I looked out of the window, and through the side mirror, I saw the warm hue of the sunset reflected onto the car. It was a very beautiful sight, but sadly, I did not bring my camera along.

Everytime when I take the bus to my kids' house, I will see the sunset by the reservoir near my house and along the expressway. And everytime I see the sunset, I will be reminded of the day I forgot to bring my camera to capture that beautiful sunset in Bago City.

What I want to say is, leave no rooms for regrets. Cherish whatever beautiful moments you have, hold no hestitations to do what you like. Life is short, unpredictable things always happen. When it's about time to leave, and when you look back onto your life, it's not how many achievements and how much assets that matters. It's how fulfilling your life has been.

I still procrastinate, I still lack the courage. It's not easy to simply say that, 'there's never a moment of regrets in my life'. But I'm trying to work towards that. :)

There are 2 eternities that can really break you down. Yesterday and tomorrow. One is gone and the other doesn't exist. So live each day to the fullest.

No comments: