Monday, February 16, 2009

Philippines schools

I like visiting schools in Bago City.

I enjoy the long and sometimes rocky journeys. The journeys will always be a place for laughter, for moments of reflections. Sometimes I will sleep through the journeys, sometimes I marvel at the scenery that comes across.

I enjoy bringing smiles to the children, I enjoy seeing huge plantations of rice and sugarcane surrounding the schools, and I enjoy standing under the sun staring at the clear blue sky.

And there's always something we can all learn from, be it the optimistic and carefree minds of the innocent children, or the I-will-survive-against-all-adversities attitude.

And I love the words of wisdom on the walls and around the schools. :)


Mission of the school. Most schools would have this painted on the walls near the main gate. A reminder to all: the principal, the teachers, the students and the community.


Children learn what they live.


Well done is better than well said.


Each man is a hero and an oracle to somebody.


Knowledge is silent, ignorance is talkative.


A good idea is like a match. It's useless unless you strike it into a flame.

No comments: