Sunday, February 22, 2009

OCBC Cycle Singapore

It is no wonder they called it 'The Challenge'. Cycling 40km non-stop is definitely no mean feat.



OCBC Cycle Singapore 2009 is the first mass cycling event on public roads in areas such as Shenton Way, Nicoll Highway, East Coast Park and Kallang. The roads have been blocked the whole morning, and it was kinda funny to see traffic jams because they have to make way for cyclists like us. haha..

I never expect myself to finish the whole journey without resting. Half of the time I was cursing, why was the mid-point so far away, and how long more I need to cycle so that the torture could end. And although I think I'm one of the last few cyclists to reach the finishing line for the 'Challenge' category, I'm proud to say that I managed to pull it off, in 3 hours (just nice before they start opening the roads for normal traffic).

It was also a surprise to see old schoolmates joining the event as well. They never thought that I'm that 'sporty'. haha.. But good to have some catching up. :)

Now my knees are aching like hell. Till next time, no more 40km ride until I get proper trainings.

No comments: