Monday, October 27, 2008

a different Monday

It didn't seem like a holiday today. nah, I didn't go back to office, like I said, I'm not a workaholic.

I went to Bright Hill with mum to pay respects to Ah Gong. I suppose he must have made quite a number of friends there, seeing that there are more incense burners on the shelves. While I was there, I witnessed two cremations, and it reminded me of Ah Gong's last few moments with us. I saw my mother got teary-eyed, I know it still hurts.

And on one instance, I saw how fast the coffin was being pushed into the oven. At that moment, it just occurred to me that life comes and goes. Perhaps I was too overwhelmed with sadness to realise that when Ah Gong was being cremated. There should not be regrets in one's life. That's why we should all live life to the fullest.

After which mum and I went for a little shopping. Mum asked me if I'm going back to Philippines again this december. I didn't tell her the exact situation, but I said if I can't go back this december, I will do so some time next year. She said she wanted to go to Kuala Lumpur. yar, mum has been working hard, and it's about time for her to relax, to pamper herself. And it's about time for the whole family to enjoy some time together.

Having to deal with a kid who doesn't bother to study somehow made my holiday seemed even more 'normal'. I seriously wonder when will she realise the importance of studying, especially in such an unrealistically pragmatic country.

Oh well, another day has just gone by.

No comments: