Sunday, January 30, 2011

Raising funds for Bago City

It has been quite a while since I did something big scale for the children in Bago City.

In 2006, I managed to secure sponsorships for the shipping of 4 boxes to the Philippines, and an enormous amount of stationery. We had 2 fabulous Christmas parties for the children, and these donations came as a pleasant surprise to them.

I guessed I was just being lucky.

People were touched by the video of that trip. It never fails to make me laugh and cry, leaving a beautiful memory.

I continued to help the children whenever I was back in Bago City, however in much smaller ways.

This time round, I'm planning something big. I've secured a sponsorship of 100 kites, and I'm going to do a kite-flying activity. It was also ambitious of me to set a target, to raise $500 for stationery sets to be given to the children.

I'm very thankful to have friends who have been supporting me in my efforts to help the children. Within a week of my announcement, the target was achieved. Some even donated toys and clothes. I can't thank them enough.

I'm just lucky to have you guys as my friends.

P.S. I hope I'm not being too ambitious to raise the target to $800. :)

No comments: