Monday, June 28, 2010

Voyage de la Vie

Voyage de la Vie is a circus theatre production created in Singapore with an international cast. I was glad I was able to catch the show (thanks to the complimentary tickets) at the Resorts World Sentosa Festive Grand theatre, fulfilling one of my childhood dreams of watching a circus show.

Erm, I am not that old, by the way. Haha.



Sitting in the second row was a BIG plus, enhancing the thrills of watching the circus acts live. :)

Of all the acts, I enjoyed the contortions, the jugglings, the magic and the cloud swing acts the most.

I love the contortionist. He is a 16-year old Russian boy, but yet very charismatic. Haha. Love his hairstyle. I could be half as flexible as him, if I hadn't stop dancing 18 years ago, and still religiously do my Yoga. HAHA.

The juggler is just as amazing. Especially to a person with butter-fingers and no ball-sense. Like me.

The magicians fulfilled another of my childhood dreams to watch magic shows right before my eyes. I was, and still am, trying to figure out the magic tricks on stage. How did he cut his partner into half, and the partner could still play the piano with his legs on the other end of the stage??

Love how the white rabbit popped out of his magician hat. Classic.

The cloud swing act was exhilarating. She was like on a giant swing, reaching a full 180-degree swing up high near the stage lights. I dare to do the same thing, WITH the safety harness attached. :D

There was a moment when the arrow shooter swung his way into the audience, right in between my guests who were just a seat away from me. I think my jaws dropped at that instant. After the show, I asked my guests jokingly, if they had purchased insurance for their trip here to Singapore. Haha.

I had a good time watching the show, and I am glad my guests enjoyed it as well. Most importantly, I could cross out something off my list of childhood dreams. :D

No comments: