Saturday, September 26, 2009

Manila is hit by Ondoy

Manila has been hit by the tropical storm Ondoy.

Many families are trapped on rooftops, flight operations have been suspended, power supply is cut off, roads are impassable. Many areas have been declared to be in a state of calamity due to the heavy floods.

The weather wasn't like that a few days back. Yes it rained, but it seemed to be the usual one. Somehow I felt I should be thankful that I returned earlier, but I'm worried about my friends who are in Manila.

Joy and NiƱa are stranded in Manila; they were supposed to return back to Bago City this afternoon. I hope they are fine, together with Tita Celina.

The storm is expected to move west, across the Luzon island, before exiting the country early Sunday. It better be over soon, but it is not going to be easy to pick up the pieces after such destructive damages have been done.

I just hope that everything is fine.

No comments: