Friday, July 10, 2009

Back from Europe

End of an adventure, back to reality.

Bydgoszcz - Warsaw - Krakow - Olomouc - Prague - Salzburg - Vienna

Despite the number of places we have been to, I feel that it's not enough. It's a pity that we had to rush through the itinerary, and not having enough time to explore the places, to experience the vibrancy of the cultures in these cities.

I'm not used to such rush. I still prefer to roam around at my own pace.

For the past two weeks, I've observed, and I've learnt. Travelling in a group of 46, fun as it was, it wasn't easy to manage. I accepted my responsibility as a staff, as a senior, to help manage the group, but I think the kids need to learn as well.

One of the guides told me that it's good to travel with an orchestra, because they have discipline. I smiled. Perhaps he had been with groups that were much worse, I guessed.

Still, I'm glad to be able to travel to Europe once again, even more thankful to have some time to walk down the streets in the cities alone. Only got to do that for a few times, but I think it's the quality that counts. :)

Had fun with my toy as well. Love it to bits. All the bruises on my knees and fingers are worth it. :) Took 2400+ photos. I'll need some time to go through them. Will slowly upload them to Facebook and Flickr. Be patient. ;)

And yes, I would love to be back in Europe again.

No comments: