Sunday, August 31, 2008

Zhi Yin IV

it was a night of reminiscence. the time machine brought me back 7 years in time, and my, it was kinda weird. haha.


Zhi Yin IV!!

the 4 years as a RVCO member have indeed been one of my memorable moments as a student, as a performer. with all the various performing stints, competitions and even an overseas trip to Shanghai, and of course with all the friends that I've made in the orchestra, I can't think of any other word to describe it, except 'fun'. :)

but of course, it was not all about fun, especially when we got scolded for not performing up to standard, or when we failed to clinch the top gold award in the SYF competition. I remembered I cried after the results were announced and the then-principal had to comfort all of us.

haha, but that was all part and parcel of growing up. :) and talking about growing up, i'm like 10 years older than the youngest members in the orchestra. wahh! I feel so old now. haha.

and yesterday's concert brought many familiar faces together, this shows that the alumni support is still going strong. hehe.


i love their attire. clean-cut, yet smart. it's time for NUSCO to change the uniforms.

the finale song gave me goosebumps. because it was the song that we played 7 years ago! it was freaky, I tell ya. god knows how tough the trainings were, and how this song brought up all the emotions. this is truly a RVCO song. haha.

I would love to play that song again, but to render it in a much more matured manner, with deeper emotions.

and the night ended nicely with the RV shan ge, the very RVian cheer. :)

No comments: