Wednesday, July 04, 2007

the day of commencement..

the end of a chapter, the beginning of another..

the commencement was just an event that signified the end of my academic education.. 18 years of schooling (since nursery) isn't a short timeframe.. almost a quarter of my life! haha.. but again, i believe in life-long learning, though not neccessarily academic-wise.. haha.. and besides, i hate exams.. haha..

but this was an important moment for my parents, with all the investment they have made.. i think it's something all parents would be proud of..

for the first time of my blogging history, i present to you, my parents! haha..



see? i got my grey-hair trait from my dad.. haha..

and i was surprised when he bought the NUS commencement lion for me when i told him it was a waste.. $40 for a plush toy leh.. haha.. yeahhey..



and of course, i was happy to see friends there.. it was glad to have them to be part of this milestone of my life..



biyun, who has seen me through my ups and downs in NUS.. it was these 3 years that have bonded us closer.. we celebrated our birthdays together in the midst of exam preparations, we slept through lectures (on rare occasions, i must stress.. haha), binged on chocolates during our stress-high periods, complained to each other about horrible people in school.. thank you my friend, and let's look forward to our tai-tai life.. haha..



another surprise, when kaiwen called.. a coincidence that her brother had the same commencement session as me.. a very close friend from JC, somebody who never failed to cheer me up, give me encouragement when i needed them..

and of course, many other friends who were there as well.. =)



i'll miss the free time i had as a student, the friends and the fun.. now, it's time to work towards my aspirations and dreams.. =)

or maybe, work towards the goal of earning big money, so that i can buy this $50 baby dress from TopShop for my future kid.. haha..



haha.. kidding.. =D

No comments: