Friday, March 09, 2007

dear cousin..

Dear cousin,

how are you up there? i suppose six years there, you would have grown accustomed to the life, and perhaps made a lot of friends..

any birthday cake for you today? maybe you have got 20 candles on your cake.. =)

things have changed, since you've been gone.. somehow the cousins are not that close anymore.. you were the only one whom i could confide in, share my secrets with.. remember those nights i used to stay over in your house, and we chatted till we fell asleep? gone were the days..

i've never mentioned how much admiration i had for you, despite me being the older one.. you were better than me in sports, and was more active than me.. sometimes i felt that my thoughts were more childish and naive than yours, and it seemed like you were the mature one, not me..

perhaps i was over-protected by my parents (you know how strict they are), i didn't get to have the kind of experiences that you had.. that's why i was often envious of you..

i shall not think about the pain of seeing you leaving us, but rather, reminisce about those happy days when we were kids..

thank you for the companionship.. and i wish you well.. happy birthday..

miss you much,
hui

No comments: