Monday, February 21, 2005

what's my purpose in life..

my mum asked me.. why so "piah".. what's the purpose.. she asked me when i told her i had to go down to chinatown to get my CO costume measured..

it's not the first time she said that.. since young she was against me being so active in school stuffs or other things not related to academic studies.. but most of the time i went against her..

it's not that i don't want to study.. but i just don't like the way things are.. when studies revolve around grades and examinations.. i also learn more from other activities.. going for expeditions, going overseas for performances, joining volunteer work.. all these allow me to see things in a different prospective, letting me to find out what's "life" for me..

is learning to be smart (or to be smarter) more important than realising how to be a better person? without knowing what's the goals or purposes in life?

even though i have no clear idea what i'm going to be when i graduate (i don't even know if i can make it for honours) i just don't want to be tied down by school results.. i want to roam and expose myself to different environments and find the road that belongs to me..

sorry mum.. if i m demanding, asking for alot.. just let me be.. perhaps that's the way i want to lead my life.. perhaps things would be different for me when i grow up.. sorry mum.. i know it's not easy for u.. but i don't want to end up being a housewife and do the same things everyday..

1 comment:

~ yuhui ~ said...

haha.. thanks gal.. yar i know sometimes i was being too harsh on her when i keep asking her for things.. yup.. must study hard.. mug mug mug... haa..